What does your house look like?
What shapes are in your house?
What colors are your house?
What materials are your house made of?
After hearing the story the kids created the different houses from the story with play dough, rocks, straw, and sticks with pig puppets.
Art Inspired Storytelling
Dramatic Play Inspired by Children's Literature
The ACG kids created their own world too with rocks and boxes! They created toy stores, ice cream shops, a doctor's office, and a neighborhood of homes.
Houses Around the World
Yoga and Bilingual Storytelling
Harvesting and Tasting in the Garden
"I like it!"
Mr. Ben's Fabulous Banana Birthday Muffins!
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2-3 bananas)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup creamy natural almond butter (or sub cashew butter or peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fine blanched almond flour (or hazelnut flour)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin tin with 9 muffin with coconut oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed banana, almond milk, flaxseed meal, almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well combined. Scoop batter evenly into the muffin pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
We love making tacos and guacamole! Using tongs and cooking tools is a wonderful way to develop the pincer grasp - a very important milestone for learning to write.