These scrumptious scones are festive, delicious and a great way to make use of Halloween pumpkins.
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup honey
4 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup soaked flax seeds
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Grease a muffin pan with coconut oil.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT almond flour, cranberries, and raisins.
4. Stir in almond flour until well combined.
5. Stir in cranberries and raisins.
6. Spoon batter into muffin cups, using wet fingers to press down any bumps on the tops before baking (makes 24 mini muffins).
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean
The kids found a caterpillar on a dino kale leaf in the garden and got really excited so we began to explore the insect world through a variety of interdisciplinary lenses carried on by the children's enthusiasm.
What kind of insect is a lady bug? Beetle!
How many legs does a beetle have? 6!
Then we made a play-dough version of a 6 legged beetle: